These businesses in the Lansing region have received loans of at least $ 1 million
Nearly 75 businesses in Greater Lansing have received loans between $ 1 million and $ 10 million from the federal paycheck protection program.
The Small Business Administration, which manages the PPP, released data on loans on Monday. Officials initially said they would not share recipient information.
Across the state, more than 100,000 businesses have received loans of up to $ 150,000, and another 20,000 organizations have received loans of $ 150,000 or more.
Some companies have received loans totaling less than $ 100, while others have received between $ 5 million and $ 10 million.
The program has generated some frustration and skepticism among some members of the Lansing business community.
Elvis Jones, owner of EJ & Sons Moving Service, did not apply to the program.
“I didn’t want to go through the hassle and be turned down because a lot of black companies were turned down for giving money to big companies,” Jones said.
“We’re hearing from hundreds of local businesses that are really having a hard time trying to get information about this paycheck protection program, PPP,” said Tom Donaldson, regional director of the Michigan Small Business Development Center in April.
“One of the problems is the rules, the facts seem to keep changing and evolving on a daily basis, almost hourly,” Donaldson said. “So we think we have the facts and then some things change.”
Federal grants:LEAP to distribute $ 5.5 million in federal funds for grants
The program ran out of money in April, less than two weeks after its launch, but received a second round of funding later in the month.
Lansing region businesses that have successfully applied for million dollar loans cover a range of industries from education and construction to tax preparation and emergency care.
Companies in Greater Lansing that have received loans between 5 and 10 million dollars are:
- MICHIGAN SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES ASSOCIATION
- PARTNERSHIP AOA MANAGEMENT COMPANY LTD
- CENTRALSTAR COOPERATIVE INC.
- LANSING MICHIGAN INC WORKFORCE
- TECHSMITH CORP
Companies in Greater Lansing that have received loans between $ 2 million and $ 5 million are:
- BURCHAM HILLS II RETIREMENT CENTER
- COMPASS HEALTHCARE PLLC
- DOUGLAS FUND INC
- LANSING OPHTHALMOLOGY
- SHARED SERVICES OF THE MICHIGAN HEALTH INFORMATION NETWORK
- T&B SERVICES INC
- AIR TRANSPORT COMPANY
- PC ASSOCIATED INTERNAL MEDICINE CAPITAL
- CLARK CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC.
- DTN GESTION CO.
- HOME SWIFT COLLINS & SMITH PC
- GRANGER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- HUMAN RESOURCES UNLTD INC
- PC MANER COSTERISAN AND ELLIS
- VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
- SHAHEEN AUTOMOTIVE GROUP, INC.
- SUPERIOR ELECTRICAL FROM LANSING, INC
- CHALET GARDENS, INC
- TWO MEN AND AN INTERNATIONAL TRUCK
- UNITED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
- WIELAND COMPANY
- MASONRY DAVENPORT, INC
- COG MARKETERS LTD
- QUEST SOLUTIONS, LLC
- COMPANY AND MACKENZIE
- SUNDANCE CHEVROLET INC.
Companies in Greater Lansing that have received loans between $ 1 and $ 2 million are:
- OBSTETRIC & GYNECOLOGY ALLIANCE, PLC
- DHI MSO
- GUNTHORPE PLUMBING AND HEATING, INC.
- HACKNEY GROVER, SARL
- HRC HTELS, LLC
- ALLIANCE INTERIORS, LLC
- ASAP STAFFING LLC
- AYERS HOLDING CO, LLC
- CAMERON TOOL CORPORATION
- CINNAIRE SOCIETY
- CONSTRUCTION DAVIS INC
- FELDKOUTS, LLC
- FIRST HOUSING COMPANY
- FRANCHINO MOLDS AND ENGINEERING COMPANY
- FRASER TREBILCOCK DAVIS & DUNLAP, PC
- HEART TRUSS & ENGINEERING CORP
- INTERIOR INTEGRITY, INC.
- KEPS TECHNOLOGIES. INC.
- L&D ELECTRIC, INC.
- LANSING URGENT CARE, PLC, A MICHIGAN PROFESSIONAL LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
- MARSHALL MUSIC CO
- MICHIGAN CROSSROADS COUNCIL, INC. BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
- MLMLM CORPORATION
- MYERS PLUMBING AND HEATING INC.
- OPTIMAL PERSONNEL SOLUTIONS, INC.
- PM ENVIRONMENT, INC.
- PARAMOUNT COFFEE COMPANY
- PHYSICIAN ANESTHESIA DEPARTMENT, PC
- LAUNDRY SERVICE SOHN, INC
- SPARTAN AUTOS, INC.
- ST. VINCENT CATHOLIC CHARITIES
- WILLIAMS VOLKSWAGEN INC
- CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF YOUNG MEN OF LANSING MICHIGAN
- MASON SCHIFFER CONTRACTORS INC
- ADVANCE EMPLOYMENT SERVICES, LLC
- MICHIGAN HEALTH AND HPITAL ASSOCIATION
- HOUSING AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY PK
- CEILING AND WALLS COMPANY REICHENBACH
- RESIDENTIAL OPTIONS INC.
- LOCATION RSI, INC.
- DRAVE FAMILY RESTAURANTS LLC
Support local journalism: buy a subscription to the Lansing State Journal here.